"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

They're Watching

          This Our Daily Bread devotional lesson is worth considering. I know it got me thinking.
          All my life I've been consumed with how others see me, that they will like me. As I grow in the Lord I become more aware that this isn't the issue I should be concerned about. So I pray for the illusive ability to see myself as God sees me. Yet, this message suggests that I should be concerned about others' perceptions, that they see Christ in me, rather than this corrupt vessel. Now I'm back to wondering if I represent Jesus to the world in an honest, transparent, convincing way. What a quandary!

No comments: