"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Life, Unscripted by Trisha Goyer

If you're a teen, and you're ready to admit that maybe your life is in danger of spinning out of control, get this book. And if you can't afford it, let me buy it for you.
        No, I'm not a weirdo. Well... maybe a little weird. But if you want a personal recommendation that I'm not an Internet stalker, just e-mail Trisha Goyer to ask how dangerous I am.


As the title indicates, the book is, My Life, Unscripted, and here's a note from the author, Trisha Goyer:


Looking back at my drama-filled teen years I now wonder ... What was I thinking?

The truth? I wasn't. I lived from day to day on every wave of emotion. Some days excitement and passion partnered up, pattering wildly within my heart.

Other days, depression and anxiety were my silent friends. I lived each day as it came, with no plan for my future, for my relationships, or for my heart.

I lived my life completely unscripted ... and, well, it didn't go well for me. Teen pregnancy and a broken heart were only two consequences. Yet my prayer is that when teen girls are asked Who's Writing Your Life? their answer will be ME ... with the guidance of God, My Director.

No comments: