"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Monday, October 02, 2006

The Little Things

      Today a friend was busily working in the Jewelry Service Center across from the check lanes where I stand vigil when business is light at Target. I stood there staring at her for a few moments, then began waving my arms around in large circles. Well, for the longest time she just kept working, but when she finally noticed the movement and glanced up, I gave her a demure, little hand-wave. I couldn't have wanted a better reaction, as she smiled radiantly and laughed at my visual joke.
      It is indeed the little things that make life worth living. The little prayers that draw me closer to my Lord. The little praises that keep me in His Spirit. It's hard to imagine, though, how little praises could possibly please such a humongous God, but they do, like tiny puffs of incense rising to give Him pleasure.

No comments: