"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Sunday, June 09, 2013

My Worship is to, “Git-er-Done!”

When I’ve spent time with the Lord, I become tender to what others share about life in Him. Today was no different, as I read Dave Branon’s ODB message about obedience being the best form of worship.

As I read this ODB, Matt Redman’s popular worship song “Heart of Worship” came to mind, part of which says;

I'll bring you more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what you have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart
      More lyrics:
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/h/hillsong_united/

Even more convicting are Apostle Paul’s words to the Roman church;

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.  (Romans 12:1 ESV)

And the Lord Himself said;

So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. (Matthew 5:23-24 ESV)

As I celebrate the Lord Jesus’ redemptive work in my life, I must meditate upon His reason for choosing me; not only does He love me uniquely and personally, but He also gave me a work for which I am uniquely qualified and gifted. My spiritual worship is to obey Him and, as Larry The Cable Guy says, “Git-er-done!”

 

No comments: