"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Fighting Discouragement

Sometimes, remembering to practice my faith isn't easy, and certainly not automatic. When I read Fox News' report that the Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office removed the non-religious reference to God from their logo after a group calling themselves the "Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers" complained, I had to wrestle my reaction back into line with my belief in God's promise that, "We win!"

The RCO changed its all-caps Latin logo to read, "DOING MIRACLES WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY," exchanging "MIRACLES" for the words, "GOD'S WORK." I emphasized its capitalization to show that the "G" word was not typographically emphasized relative to the rest of the logo, effectively removing any religious context. "Freethinkers," indeed! The Atheists' action is nothing more, or less, than ideological terrorism, and one more ploy in a long history of such extremism.

There! I've succeeded in reporting the facts without once labeling Atheists, "Fools" or "Hypocrites." I don't believe in name-calling, even when it's warranted.

No comments: