"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jesus-Is-Lord.com


There; that title aught to get your attention. This is an open letter to the publisher of Jesus-Is-Lord.com. I happened upon your site through a Google search of "Authorized Version," so you've managed to gain a leading position on their search engine; congratulations. So, now that I have your attention I have a question for you that is in no way critical of your web site's content, but simply reflects a minor incongruity I noticed there.     You state that the Bible you recommend(recommend is the understatement of the century) is the Authorized, 1611 edition of God's Word, but what I found on your site is a slightly edited version of the original. For reference, here are the verses I was studying, first from your web site:

008:013 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened: 008:014 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
    Now, from the King James Bible 1611 copied from the e-Sword application, Version 9.5.1 by Rick Meyers:

2 Corinthians 8:13-14 For I meane not that other men bee eased, and you burthened: (14) But by an equalitie: that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want, that there may be equalitie,
    Based on the Elizabethan spelling in the passage from e-Sword, I must infer that it is the more authentic rendering of the KJB 1611.     From your own content I take it you believe that any editing of the original 1611 edition brings a curse on the editor. If I misread your intention, please correct me. Thanks in advance for your attention to this issue.

No comments: