"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm Sick & Tired ...

... of being sick and tired. After staying home from work for nearly a week, I'm still sick and tired. Went to a place called "Urgent Care" yesterday, where I spoke with a P.A. for about fifteen minutes, only to discover I probably have a viral infection and need to control my coughing, push fluids(both down my throat and into the sewage system via the toilet every ten minutes), get plenty of rest(well, duh) and call in a couple of days if it doesn't improve. What I actually paid for was the medical excuse/return to work that I need to keep my job.
     Let's see, I had a spiritual application for this grousing session, but my brain is on strike. One thing I know, however--even with half my brain tied behind my back(apologies to Rush Limbaugh)--is one day I will get to shed this rotting shell that the Bible calls a temporary tent, and take up residence in a body that will seem like a mansion compared to it.
     I praise God for giving me the hope that will never die, but will one day become a reality. Only He is perfectly faithful.

No comments: