"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Latest Adventure

Most people probably wouldn’t call it an adventure, exactly, but fooling around with computer operating systems, and even building computers, takes a certain … well … daring do. For example, I just replaced Windows 7 with Linux Mint 15, which seems to lack a software driver for my sound card. But for the fan noise, my computer is mute. I must say, though, everything else works better than ever.

In a way, that relative silence is a blessing, as Netflix isn’t nearly as appealing without audio. Who knows, I may have to read or something.

Speaking of reading, God’s Word has been blessing me hugely of late. I discovered while volunteering at the Health Center that while listening to the spoken Word while reading it opens up new vistas of comprehension, the audio portion tends to rush me through passages that I would otherwise study in detail. So deeper, more detailed Bible study is another adventure, and an unwitting side benefit of my computer experimentation.

All this leads me to the inevitable question: Will I ever learn not to try fixing “it” if it ain’t broke?

I doubt it.

No comments: