"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Encouragement From Psalm 108

Psalm 108:10-13
10 Who will bring me to the fortified city?
Who will lead me to Edom?
11 Have you not rejected us, O God?
You do not go out, O God, with our armies.
12 Oh grant us help against the foe,
for vain is the salvation of man!
13 With God we shall do valiantly;
it is he who will tread down our foes.

This portion of Psalm 108 spoke to me from Today’s Bible reading. The Psalmist expresses my thoughts in verses 10 and 11, as at times I feel like God has rejected me, yet I still pray with King David, “Oh grant me help against my fear, for vain is the salvation of man!”

Father, give me the faith to boldly proclaim King David’s victory declaration, “With God I shall do valiantly,” the work You gave me.

 

No comments: