"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Saturday, April 06, 2013

I Dreamt I Loved a Woman

I dreamt that a woman whom I’d long loved finally declared her love for me. The new, joyful intimacy of knowing and trusting her love only deepened as the dream progressed. The unprecedented, blissful happiness lingered into my wakeful consciousness, and even when I realized its cause existed only in my dream, gratitude consumed me for having experienced it. My dream’s memories are now fading, but the long-delayed kiss we shared is still fresh and pure.

How joyful my Savior must feel when one whom He has loved with all His infinite being finally declares her love for Him. Even though Christ chose her before time began and foreknew that she would one day choose to love Him, that relationship’s final consummation gives Him such elation that all the heavenly host rejoice with Him.

While we consummate our unique, earthly love for another through the marriage bed’s privilege, our divine Husband desires only our obedience as our act of love, and consummates that eternal love by filling us with His Holy Spirit. Though we obviously cannot conceive and give birth to physical baby Christs through His Spirit’s infilling, He calls upon us to confirm our calling and election(2 Peter 1:3-11) as His new creations(2 Corinthians 5:17 and Galatians 6:15), by bearing the fruit of His Spirit described in Galatians 5:16-25.

 

No comments: