"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Friday, January 04, 2013

Online Bible Study Tools

I've known about Biblos Bible Study Suite for some time, but today I really began to discover how deeply it plumbs Bible words, especially with Thayer's Greek Lexicon. As an example I searched "name" using the Dictionaries tab. After clicking on the link, select the usage you want from the list of links, and on the page that comes up, scroll down to Thayer's. If that gives you too much information, scroll back to Helps Word Studies or Strong's.

Today I've just scratched the surface, so next time you find yourself on the Internet with some time to redeem, use it to check out that Bible word that's been challenging you, or every word in one of your favorite Bible passages.

Also, BibleGateway provides audio Scripture readings at the click of a mouse button. I find listening to my daily Bible passage while following it in print helps me to give the passage the concentration it deserves. Al Gore's Information Superhighway can actually be quite useful.  ;^)

As a bonus, I just discovered this video:

No comments: