"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Not Any More


Tonight I needed to share a movie with Nancy, a movie about abandonment, and adoption. You see, a wonderful couple adopted Nancy as an infant, and I was privileged to meet her father once before he died. Then, too soon, she died as well.
Nancy was hurt, twice, by her birth mother; once when her parents told her that another woman had birthed her, and again, years later, when that woman refused to allow Nancy to know her.
And I can’t share that movie with Nancy. Not any more.
I know full well Nancy is now in her Savior’s loving arms, and he has answered all her questions completely, in ways I can’t begin to understand.
But I can’t share that movie, or anything else with Nancy. Not any more.
Her loving Savior has fulfilled all her needs, dreams and desires, so she no longer needs anything I can give her. Not any more.

No comments: