"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Praise Him Anyway

Today when I fired up my ol' computer, it didn't! Oh sure, it made the usual fan noises and stuff, but it didn't do anything. So I was all discouraged, even though I made my best effort to thank God for what was facing me ... surely a hosed motherboard or something equally irreparable. Well, I made my peace with my new, computer-less life, watching one of my wife's "reality" shows, then reading from a book; you know, that's one of those rectangular solid things that you don't have to plug into power. It was even kinda fun for awhile, until the nagging feeling overtook me that I hadn't done all I could to resolve the issue. After calling my son-in-law for some quick consultation, I took my old system hard drive out, and I was able to reinstall Windows on my secondary hard drive as if I really knew what I was doing. But I still puzzle over why such a time-wasting, minor catastrophe overtook me on an otherwise restful Lord's Day afternoon. Maybe God was disgusted with the mess its start menu had become. But no matter, at least I'm learning to deal with apparent happenstance without second-guessing God. Come to think of it, if nothing else comes of my little technical hiccup, that alone would be a valuable lesson.

No comments: