"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Will the real Huckabee please stand up?

        Over the past couple of days I've stood back far enough for my aging eyes to clearly apprehend what Mike Huckabee is saying, and what true conservatives are saying about him. My brother-in-law, who makes me seem like a moderate, sent me this link to a column by Ann Coulter. Those who bother with trivia like politics and other current events will probably recognize her as a coherent voice for conservative values.
        Though I am usually loathe to admit my own hyperopia, I am beginning to see a need to reverse my previous position of Mike Huckabee fan. He may indeed be a true conservative Christian, but salving all the Religious Right's hot buttons doesn't necessarily make him good for our nation.
        Now all I need to do is filter through all the political Bull Shit(apologies to my more sensitive brethren), and find a man who will make a great president for this difficult age.

No comments: