"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Manpleaser

        As a cardcarrying(it's around here someplace) passive/aggressive, my first impulse when encountering someone is to be seen in a favorable light. That would seem no more than a common, personal quirk, but for Galatians 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant[slave] of Christ.
        When I read that verse all my little excuses go up in smoke. No longer can I ignore opportunities to share my relationship with my Father God. No longer can I tacitly approve of my Christian brother's public sin by remaining silent when he asks me about it. No longer can I remain unprepared to join in when a conversation involves questions of world view.
       
Father, this is going to be tough. My phobia of confrontation must die, yet I don't know how to kill it. I need your power in my life, to stand and speak when I need to, and not back down out of fear. You have infinitely more than enough power to cover all such needs, so I beg of you in Jesus name, to pour out your Holy Spirit on my fear when it raises its ugly head. Make me able to love you unto obedience.

No comments: