"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Monday, September 04, 2006

SERVER APPLICATION UNAVAILABLE

      Praise our analog, non-computerized God. In His wisdom He has allowed us to build vast, electronic brains that sometimes make life easier. But mostly, they frustrate us.
      When I clicked on Our Daily Bread's link this morning, the "absolute zero" message in this post's title confronted me, instead of the warm, familiar, comforting front page I was expecting. Most every day I open that devotional before pursuing other business. And most every day it rewards me with a pithy, or even convicting, message reinforced by a scripture passage.
      But not today.
      Okay, I know this is much ado about nothing ... much. But it left me feeling adrift, though I have plenty to get done today. Isn't God wonderful for always being available, for never giving us "SERVER APPLICATION UNAVAILABLE" messages when we approach Him in prayer. The All Loving, All Knowing, All Powerful, Self-existent, Eternal God faithfully turns His attention my way when I need Him.
     Bank on it.

No comments: