"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pink ...

          ... isn't a bad color--downright appealing on some. As the title of a book, though, it does anything but appeal to this guy. But Marilyn Griffith's web site beckoned me to sample her literary wares. Chick Lit notwithstanding, Pink drew me into its smooth, hip prose and soft, Afro-speak voice. I like being drawn into literature.
          Though I read only the first chapter that Marilyn thoughtfully posted on her site, I saw plenty of reason to continue immersing myself in young Raya Joseph's tastefully rebellious world. Coming from an old-white-guy, that says quite a lot about Marilyn Griffith's word-crafting ability.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog :)





www.FriendsterForum.com

upwords said...

James,

Thanks for this post. You're funny. :)

Blessings,
Marilynn

M. C. Pearson said...

Good post! I liked her first chapter too...I'm awaiting the book to be delivered.

Here from the CFB Alliance.