"So," they say, "nobody's perfect!"
But the Vinedresser won't buy that.
Given the opportunity, He will trim the unproductive suckers and shape the branches so each one will bask in Sonlight.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Noble Hypocrisy

          Oswald Chambers did it again. In today's devotion entitled Look Again and Consecrate, he highlighted our apparent need to complicate the simple life Jesus has given us for His glory. When we add "But ..." to our response to Him, we step out of His simple way, causing unintended complications to spoil the fundamental peace, joy and love that is our re-birthright.
          My history with Target is a perfect example of what happens when I insert "but" into my response. Rather than accepting my employment as a simple commission to join the team, my response was, "But consumer credit is out of control, and I don't want to be part of the problem by selling Target credit."
          Now I stand, shoulders bowed, under indictment for maintaining a rebellious attitude even while pretending to be Holy Joe. Noble hypocrisy is hypocrisy none the less.

No comments: